|From stations||To stations|
Today this station is called King's Cross St. Pancras, but this is far from being a simple name change. In 1936 there were two separate stations, though connected by a passageway. The Northern Line and Piccadilly Line stations were in their present place, though passengers reached the surface through two sets of lifts rather than a common set of escalators. As such, King's Cross was actually a good place to change on the journey from Angel to Russell Square.
The Circle and Metropolitan Line station, on the other hand, was at the location now occupied by King's Cross Thameslink station, and Metropolitan Line trains terminating at Moorgate actually ran along the tracks now used by southbound Thameslink trains. While the journeys indicated by this card could be made by changing at King's Cross, it would not have been the easiest place to do so, and sometimes there might be better choices - depending on the frequency of the service, Russell Square to Uxbridge Road might be better done via Earl's Court.
Back to Lobo. Back to the Rail index. Back to Clive's home page.